Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm a sucker for...

Stolen from my friend Brooke, who stole it from Ari (who I was going to steal it from anyway).

I'm a sucker for...

-My mom's voice, and her hugs.
-Falling asleep in someone's arms. Cuddling. Maybe in bed, on a rainy afternoon. Maybe on a summer afternoon, in the middle of the park, reading a book together, on a blanket.
-A man in a button down, blue shirt. With a nice pair of shoes, and appropriate socks. An old spice scent or otherwise yummy/clean smell. This is a turn on.
-Kissing the top of a baby's head.
-Making out.
-Maine.
-Having my hair played with, or brushed.
-The ache after a good workout.
-Unhealthy pub food. Beer battered mozzarella sticks. Nachos. Spinach and artichoke dip. Jalapeno poppers. This, on a chilly day, tucked into a corner booth in a towny bar. With pitchers of beer and good friends.
-Strappy slingbacks. Sandals. Flip flops. Knee high boots.
-Shoes in general.
-The smell of fresh cut grass.
-A crisp, professional outfit with a spec of sass. An understated lacy cami under a cardigan, or a blazer. A crisp shirt, a skirt, and knee high boots. A bold color mixed in with black. A tiny touch of bling.
-Autumn.
-Banana Boat sunscreen, that coconut smell mmmmmm.
-That spot on a boy. In that under chin/neck/collar bone area. The nook. The spot.
-My morning coffee at Dunkin Donuts, and the employees there. They barely speak a sentence of English but they are the friendliest people in the world, and they are genuine. They make my morning, every morning.
-Taking pictures. Black and white, for certain ones.
-Candles. Yummy ones, from Yankee Candle, or Bath and Body Works even. And aromatherapy ones.
-Nice lighting.
-Spinach, feta, and egg white omelets.
-Thongs from Victoria's Secret. And those IPEX bras, you know the ones. Way too expensive, but so good for the girls.
-Doritos, really, either kind. I seldom eat them, but when I do, I can rip through a bag like none other.
-Full house re-runs.
-Any, and all accessories.
-Chick flicks. Lifetime movies.
-And ohmygod, Jason Lewis.
-My alone time in the car, 45 minutes to and from work each day.
-Moisturizing.
-Willard Scott and his Smucker's birthdays.
-Handwritten letters and cards.
-Pumpkin seeds. Pirates booty.
-Sex and the City, obviously.
-Lip gloss. I will never have enough.
-A man with a good head of hair. That I can touch and play with. With not too much product, at all, gross.
-Unexpected phone calls, or texts.
-The ocean.
-A big glass of chocolate milk.
-Joshua Radin.
-My best friends, their smiles, and laughter.


I could go on forever, and ever. Are you a sucker for anything?

8 comments:

Ally said...

You got a lot of mine...namely the food-I love spinach and artichoke dip and beer battered onion rings. And of course, chocolate and peanut butter. And flip flops. And jeans. And pajama bottoms. White tea & ginger Bath and Body Works body cream. Caramel macchiatos. Running into someone I enjoy randomly. Unexpected free time.

Aaron said...

I'm a sucker for this new afghan given to me for Christmas. I think I'll blog it.

Laura said...

We call it "the nook" as well. I could really crawl into the nook today...its gross outside!

AND Mom's hugs. I could use some of those right about now!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute list, I love alot of that sutff too! You have good taste!

Joy said...

Maybe I'll steal the idea from you Brooke! Lol.

k.r.i.s.t.e.n. said...

i've been meaning to say that i love this - i'm stealing it and maybe some of the things you wrote about.

brandy said...

Banana boat sunscreen. Nothing smells better.

Anonymous said...

I'm a newspaperman, i have read and printed the writings of many many writers...i'm a sucker for good thoughts put down on paper. You can write!