Wednesday, July 04, 2007

more macaroni

What do you know!? I'm sitting here watching the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular on tv, and they are playing the macaroni song. Go figure.

I'm not a big firework girl myself. Not that I don't like them. Something about them just doesn't totally do it for me. I am open to the idea of them, don't get me wrong. I think they are pretty and, I guess amusing too. I enjoy looking at them from afar, and the whole lying on the blanket idea in a field or park or something with friends or a loved one sounds appealing. But hmm, something about it, just doesn't really get me all excited. For some reason. Then again, it's been a while since I've given them a chance. Maybe one of these days they'll all of a sudden make me swoon.

Oh, did you all know that New Englander's eat more ice cream per capita than anywhere else in the U.S.? Yes, it's a true fact.

That's all. Hope everyone has been enjoying the day. Go drink some cheap wine, a cold brewski, or a nice margarita. That's how I would like all of us bloggers to roll today.

13 comments:

Chris said...

I too am sitting here watching the Pops concert - I love Blue Man Group!

Anonymous said...

i probably eat 70% of that ice cream for us. lol.

Liv said...

geez...made it through 1 stella before having to go chase children. girl never gets a break. working on a holiday to boot. aaack.

Aaron said...

You don't like fireworks? How unpatriotic! >:(

egan said...

Yeah, another person who hates fireworks. Don't let Mr. 2xA^ROnZ$ call you unpatriotic. I'm not sure how blowing up shit and burning down houses is at all patriotic.

Um, I thought Seattle won the most ice cream consumed per capita award. Damn you New Englanders!

megabrooke said...

chris- they are fun to watch. kind of goony. have you seen them for reals?

kate- icecream is my personal jesus. and yes i love depeche mode.

liv- at least you consumed one stella, which is good enough i suppose. you can make up for it another time!

aaron- not really.

egan- thank you for having my back, yo. seattle did not win, wrong. BIG DAY!

JustRun said...

Dang, and I thought it was me that consumed the most ice cream per capita.

megabrooke said...

justrun- i guess you never know. i dont have actual proof of this statistic, i just heard the rumor.

armalicious said...

I used to not be a fan of fireworks, either. I hated them. In fact, I still kind of hate lighting them and being close to them. But ever since I got married, Mr. ARM loves fireworks. So I get into it for him since he has so much fun. But I will say that I don't mind sitting in my driveway and watching the big show that's miles away! I don't have to cover my ears for those! (I don't like loud noises).

Kimberly said...

ARGGGH was it Blue Man Group this year? The year I lived in Boston it was LeeAnn Rimes...I would MUCH rather see the Blue Man Group. :) I agree that when I lived in Boston I ate much more ice cream than now that I am back in the South. I think it's because there is less air conditioning in a lot of places...although I was thankful for that a lot of times because in Georgia you're always burning up outside and FREEZING inside during the summer!

I do miss Boston.

megabrooke said...

arm- you know, i think that's a big part of it for me, the loud noises. i don't like them either. but if i could see them from my driveway, i'd go for that deal. :)

kimberly- i didnt know you lived in bean town before! i know what you mean about the ac, i hate that feeling of being FREEZING when it's sweltering outside. what about a happy medium?!

egan said...

I still don't like fireworks being lit by the amateurs. Leave it to the pros yo!

megabrooke said...

what is a firework "pro's" job? what's their job throughout the year? engineer? bomber?